Alumni ACE Medical Internships
A Career Exploration (ACE) Medical internships, sponsored by University alumni, are available in medical practices, research centers, and laboratories. Last year, medical internship positions were offered in plastic surgery, emergency medicine, pediatric psychiatry, clinical research, and internal medicine. See Career and Leadership Development for application information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Alumni ACE Medical Internships, Summer 2018:
- Cumberland Plateau Medical Clinic, Sewanee, Tennessee (2)-Natalie Paige Griffin, C'20; Tori Beth Surratt, C'20
- Dr. Joe DeLozier: DeLozier Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery, Nashville, Tennessee-Natalie Javadi, C'19
- Dr. Scott Elledge: ENT Associates of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama (2)-Kurt DeLay, C'18; Sarah Woody, C'19
- Dr. Paul Erwin: Center for Public Health Policy & Research, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee-Emily Shriner, C'18
- Dr. Paul Evans: The Evans Clinic, Huntingdon, Tennessee-Hannah Faulkner, C'19
- Dr. Linda Mayes: Yale Child Study Center, New Haven, Connecticut (14)-Val Figaro Depena, C'21; Grace Fulton, C'19; Adriana Hibarra, C'19; Kayla Howard, C'19; Michael Jacobs, C'19; Reagan Lamb, C'19; Olivia Lu, C'20; Noah McIndoo, C'19; Susie Oliver, C'19; Ashlin Ondrusek, C'19; Marq Schieber, C'20; Meg Upperman, C'20; Haven Watson, C'20; Madelyne Williams, C'19
- Memphis Urban Health, Memphis, Tennessee (2)-Nick Manco, C'20; Andrew Minor, C'20
- TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center, Smyrna, Tennessee-Melanie Gamboa, C'19
- Vanderbilt-Sewanee Undergraduate Research Experience (V-SURE), Nashville, Tennessee (4)-Trey Claus, C'19; Mesgana Dagnachew, C'20; Virginia Farley, C'20; Sean Halloran, C'19
To apply you must submit all application material to the Career and Leadership Development (CLD) Office via TigerNet by February 15th:
- A Resume or CV that lists any research, employment, internship, or other experience relevant to the position to which you are applying. Please review CLD guidelines on composing an effective resume, as well as what a CV is and how to write one.
- Cover Letter. Address it to the physician; you can find their address on the TigerNet internship posting. This is a very important part of your application and should be done with considerable thought and careful consideration. Please review the CLD guildelines for writing a cover letter.
- An Official Transcript. Obtained from the Registrar’s Office – do not wait until the last day to request! It should be scanned in black & white.
- Two ACE Medical Internship Recommendation Forms. These should be submitted online and are also due February 15th. Recommendations are a very important piece of this application, as well as your application to professional school. Cultivating relationships is key to getting both a great education and great recommendations. Get to know your professors so that when it comes time to ask for recommendations, they know you well and can speak to your strengths. It is considerate to request recommendations at least one month in advance. Be sure to provide your professor with your resume or CV, as well as the deadline.